But if youtube is blocked at your location due to any reason, and you want to unblock it then you can follow this tutorial. My purpose in writing this tutorial is to help those people who want to access youtube just for the purpose of learning and not for entertainment.
SoftEther VPN is a VPN software initially developed by Daiyuu Nobori of University of Tsukuba, Japan. SoftEther VPN is a VPN suite. You can make your own private VPN by using SoftEther VPN. Take an example, you are outside, and you want to access your home computer then you can access it securely using SoftEther VPN. Simply, set up SoftEther VPN Server on your home PC and gain access to your server from anywhere even the opposite side of the earth through the Internet.
For our purpose, we will be using Softether VPN to unblock youtube. To do that, you need to install VPN Gate. VPN Gate is a child project of SoftEther Project. VPN Gate is an extension module for SoftEther VPN and consists of many VPN servers, which are provided by volunteers around the world.
Follow the steps given to get your VPN Gate installed and running on your Windows 7 PC:
Installing SoftEther VPN Gate on Windows 7 – A Step-by-Step Guide
1) Download SoftEther VPN Client + VPN Gate Client Plug-in. The version of VPN Gate shown here may be different than yours.
2) After the file is downloaded, extract the zip file and then run the executable file.
3) Select SoftEther VPN Client and click Next.
4) In the end, select Finish.
5) After clicking on Finish, SoftEther VPN Client Manager should open. Here, double click on VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers option.
6) Click on OK.
7) A window will appear showing a list of servers that are currently available. You can select any server. For instance, I have selected a server that is in Japan. After selecting the server click on Connect to the VPN Server. Generally, a VPN Server with higher Line Speed (measured in Mbits/s) and smaller ping result is usually more comfortable to use.
8) Select Use UDP Protocol (Ethernet over UDP VPN) and click on OK.
9) After clicking OK in the last step, a message similar to given below will appear indicating that you are successfully connected to the VPN Server.
10) Now, simply open any web browser and check if you can open youtube.
11) When you would like to disconnect your connection to the VPN server, right click on the Softether VPN tray icon and select Disconnect all VPN Connections.
Were you able to open youtube? Or was there any error? If so feel free to comment below, I will try to answer as soon as possible.